Newtown Barge Terminal Playground was named for the barge canal terminal that once occupied the site. The Keskachauge Indians inhabited the surroundin
Parks acquired this site in 1942. At its opening that same year, the park contained a wading pool, horseshoe pitches, and shuffle board courts. In 197
Some aspects to consider when rating this park or playground:
1. Is the park, playground or recreational facility safe?
2. Is it clean and well maintained?
3. Does the park provide an active, creative or educational experience?
4. Is the park parent and child friendly?
5. Is it toddler, pre-k, small and big kid friendly?